6 WAYS TO GET MORE CUSTOMERS FROM SOCIAL MEDIA
There is no question that social media is an effective sales and marketing tool for small businesses! You can absolutely use Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and others to attract new customers. Here are 6 ways that you can reach your customers through social media;
1. Use hashtags. When posting on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or any other social media platforms be sure to use hashtags. A customer in Seattle that needs a new HVAC system would likely search the hashtag #seattlehvaccompany, #seattlehvac, or #seattlehvactech. A person looking to purchase a home in Idaho is likely to search the hashtag #idahorealtor, #boiserealtor, or #idahohomes. Be sure to use appropriate hashtags so that potential customers can find you easily! Gone are the days of telephone books. Customers still search on google to find goods and services, but more and more are looking to social media as it is an easier way to see behind the scenes of the work that a company does and to reach out directly to them. The social media algorithms prefer for you to switch the hashtags you use, so keep a batch of them for rotation.
2. Share “how-to” information. Youtube offers an array of instructional videos. You can learn anything — from how to remodel a home to how to cut your own hair. We might be tempted to feel that making our knowledge public means that customers will not need us; however, this could not be further from the truth. Most people who watch instructional content will not have the time or skill level to complete the tasks that they need to be done. If you showcase your skills online, it is likely that customers will call on you when they need that job done. Starting a Youtube channel to share “how-to” videos can help you gain trust. You can also share this information on other platforms as well. Once a potential customer trusts you, they will sell themselves. They will be contacting you rather than the other way around. Instructional content can be created for Facebook, Instagram, and even TikTok as well.
3. Focus on quality, not quantity. You may be tempted to post frequently rather than focusing on the quality of what you are putting out, but this is a trap. Customers will definitely judge you based on the look of your posts. Be sure to take the time to have quality videos, photos, or graphics posted. Hire this out if needed. It is important to be consistent with your posts, but it is also important to put out good quality. Posting quality posts 2-3 times per week is better than posting subpar posts daily.
4. Build relationships by engaging with customers. Be sure to respond to comments and messages promptly. A simple, “thank you” on a customer’s comment or taking the time to answer a question goes a long way! Another way to continue to foster relationships with customers is that when they tag or share a story of your company, go ahead and re-share it to your platforms. This will help to build engagement. Also like, comment, and follow potential customers.
5. Create Ads. All social media platforms offer ways for you to pay to promote your content. They target your ideal customers and, for as low as 5 dollars per day, you can promote your business. Social media companies are great at putting you in front of those that need your services. Invest in ads!
6. Share your real company personality online. Customers want to see the human side of your business. If you are a fun company, then share some content of your fun employee events. Do you do quality work? Then do not be shy! Share images of your work along with customer testimonials online. Are you facing a particularly busy or challenging time? Then go ahead and share that in a light-hearted way. If you are celebrating a big win such as a number of years in business then share that. You can also tastefully broach tough topics. The more human and relatable you are the better. Your customers should get to know you online even before they give you a call.